DW's Reviews > Dorothea

Dorothea by Patrick Henden

Jan 15, 11

bookshelves: i-own-it, will-not-part-with, favorites, blue-moon, 2009, erotic, fiction, victorian-or-historical
Recommended to DW by: pure chance
Recommended for: My future wife, prior to my meeting her.
Read in July, 2009, read count: 2

This is one of my top five favorite books ever. And my number one favorite erotica novel. I've read it twice and really wish there were a follow-up sequel. This book easily could have had another two chapters in it, things/events the author tempted us with or alluded to but did not return to or expound upon. This book and four other non-erotic books are on their own separate shelf in my home.

I found this book in a book catalog, and I selected it, fortuitously, without any intention of it being a salacious or exquisite read. It's description was far from exciting or uber-interesting. But it was all of that and more. I guess I lucked out :)

This story takes place during the Victorian Era. I don't want to say much more what the story is about because I don't want to ruin how great I feel the story to be in my head.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dorothea.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by DW (new) - rated it 5 stars

DW This is one of my most favorite books ever, across all genres. I've read it twice and each time I've read it excruciatingly slow, sometimes reading the same passage or dialogue over and over, to keep enjoying the elicited effect. I didn't want the story to end.