Kelly Oram's Reviews > Hex Hall

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Dec 27, 10

Okay, either I've been in a really good mood this week or have just had a lucky streak in finding books that I've adored. I'm usually pretty picky and the 5 stars are just flowing out of me lately. I loved this book. Simply adored it. Sophie cracked me up! (I'm a sucker for sarcasm.) This book had such a strong voice. It makes me need to go find out what else Rachel Hawkins has written. Her writing style is exactly the kind I love. So visual and so well paced without being the least bit flowery. Her characters were all very very strong and I loved the plot and mystery of the book. Mad props to Rachel Hawkins. I'm seriously going to go read something else by her (if this wasn't her first book--I have to go find out.) And if her others keep it up I'll be adding her to my list of favorite authors.

Yay! Love it when I find new books and authors to love! And I'm excited to read the next Hex Hall book. And, because I just have to say it, yes this book left some cliffies, BUT at the same time it had it's own story and had definite resolve. Seriously none of this just stopping at the end of act one crap that so many books do. This book did it right. Tell a complete story and resolve said story, while at the same time leaving certain elements untied so that you leave your audience desperate for the next book. Kudos Rachel Hawkins. You've completely won me over.

PS. Archer is my boyfriend. Oh,yes. Definitely my boyfriend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Hall.