Kayla's Reviews > Ice

bookshelves: 5-star-books, read-in-2010, linda-howard, favorites, standalone
Read from September 01 to 02, 2010

ICE by Linda Howard

My Thoughts:
Wow. I couldn't even sleep before finishing this book, and it's 3 hours before my alarm clock is set to go off, haha. Well, I have a new favorite book! :) There is nothing I didn't like about this novel; a wonderful mix of thrilling suspense and survival with a touch of romance, perfect! The characters were amazing (not to mention I'd love to come across Gabriel McQueen in a dark alley, or anywhere for that matter, haha). They were all perfectly written, as was the entire story. With each new scene it got better and better. The writing style was wonderful, everything was detailed with perfection and I was never left thinking that the plot had taken a wrong turn. As a side note, I think this story would make an amazing movie, I know I'd sure love to see it. :) Now, I am not one to reread a book (I think why bother when I can pick up something new), but I will be picking this book up again, and it's safe to say it will be more than once. An incredible read in all aspects from beginning to end. My new favorite novel: ICE by Linda Howard.

Favorite Quotes:
"She had grown up on this mountain, knew it like the back of her hand, most of the time, but the darkness, the cold, the unrelenting series of shocks, had all left her disoriented and she had no real idea where they were." (Page 76)
"She fired again, her aim following the sound they made as they ran. This was like hunting, she thought in pleased excitement as she followed them into the woods." (Page 94)
"Nothing mattered beyond this moment, beyond the sudden reckless fever that flared to life between them." (Page 141)
"She could feel oblivion, welcome, certain." (Page 175)
"If he hadn't been wearing his own heavy coat, she'd at least have been able to admire his personal scenery." (Page 180)
"And Gabriel realized that at some point in the last twenty-four hours, his world had shifted." (Page 194)

Overall Opinion: A+ (If there's anything better than an A+, then consider that my overall opinion.)

~Kayla
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice.

09/02/2010 page 112