Kayla's Reviews > When Autumn Leaves

bookshelves: read-in-2010, standalone, 1-star-books
Read from August 30 to 31, 2010

WHEN AUTUMN LEAVES by Amy S. Foster

My Thoughts:
It won't be a shock to say after my quickie review (on my blog), but I did not enjoy this book at all. The writing left a lot to be desired and the characters were either dull or just plain annoying. I couldn't believe some of the choices these characters made, or the words that came out of them, they were completely ridiculous. Sadly, the only thing I liked about this book was it's format - that each chapter was a Pagan holiday, as shown in an illustration at the beginning of the book, and the fact that each new character was a branch off the previous one. I can't say anything else really stood out to me, besides a couple choice quotes. Without giving away the entire book I can't really explain why I thought this book was eye roll worthy, but all I can say is that I won't be wasting my time on this book again.

Favorite Quotes:
"Not everyone may believe in the same thing, but everyone can believe that even the darkest, coldest winter will move over and make room for spring." (Page 10/11)
"Infatuation consumes, but it doesn't settle." (Page 126)
"Nothing that feels that good could ever be ignorant of its darker twin." (Page 147)

Overall Opinion: C-

~Kayla

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Autumn Leaves.

08/30/2010 page 200