Kelly's Reviews > Warrior

251943
Oct 07, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2010, sci-fi, ebooks, read-in-2012
Read from August 30, 2010 to October 07, 2012

I'm sad to say that this one is probably my least favorite of the series. I can't quite pinpoint what doesn't work for me but I'm always ready to ditch Leo and Tisana and get onto the next book about halfway through. On the plus side, sexy feline aliens who like to love their women like no other species in the galaxy. YAY!

I do like Leo. He's got the sexy slave thing. He's willing to fight to protect his woman. While I can understand his "we have to live for the moment mentality" because of his slave status, it always bugs me a bit that he seemed so unwilling to fight to stay with Tisana. Yes, he's a slave, but for such a formidable warrior, he seems rather passive at times. Tisana herself is amusing but she's very ... resigned, for lack of a better word, to being alone. She expects the man who fathers her child to leave her. It makes for an odd dynamic in their relationship when they both want to be together but neither seems willing to TRY very hard to get to that point. To give Tisana her due, she does attempt to get Rafe to give and/or sell Leo to her but... I don't know. I can't explain it.

While this isn't my favorite, I still enjoyed the whole "I will give you joy unlike any you've ever known" vibe. Those cats sure do know how to make their ladies purr. Oh, and hey! The cats purr also! It's a purr-a-palooza!

I suddenly want to start cracking jokes about pussies and how they like to be petted. So, I'll stop here. Onto the next book!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warrior.