Kelli Lee's Reviews > Poison Study

Apr 07, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy
Recommended for: everyone
Read from April 04 to 07, 2011

About six month ago, while on vacation, I brought Poison Study along for the ride. For some reason, I couldn’t get into it. Must have been the crisp, fresh Smokey Mountain air affecting me. A few days ago, I had an itch to read Poison Study, to give it a go once more. I feel books are just like other things in life - it’s all about timing. Sometimes when you pick up a book, you’re just not feeling it because the timing isn’t right. Or there are those moments where you come across the perfect book, drawn to you for whatever it is that ails you, a perfect match. Now, this isn’t for every book because obviously some of them just plain suck as all get out. But getting back on track, upon reading the first page of Poison Study a few days ago, I was hooked and didn’t want to stop reading. I do most of my reading at night and this particular week I’ve felt exceptionally bedraggled and bone-tired, so the fact that I struggled to stay awake till o'dark thirty in the name of Poison Study is a testament to how unputdownable this book is.

I love the main character, Yelena. I love her voice, her strength. I love Valek - the Commander’s personal security chief. I’m a sucker for the strong, stoic, heroic type. The story itself reeled me in. There was the perfect amount of intrigue, romance, characterization, rich background to make for an awesome reading experience right from the beginning. I can’t rave enough about Poison Study. Clearly. It is that awesome. Which leads me to wonder what the hell was wrong with me months ago? Must have been the timing.

I for one can't wait to rip into Magic Study. And I think it's safe to say that I've found another favorite author.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Study.

04/06/2011 page 250