Rachel LaVanway's Reviews > Beyond the Dead Forest

Beyond the Dead Forest by Steve Groll

Sep 10, 10

bookshelves: own, first-reads, signed-copy
Read from September 04 to 10, 2010 — I own a copy

Kat and Carter are best friends, always looking for an adventure and new location to go exploring. One day, a forest appears in their neighborhood, and their lives will never be the same because of it. Throughout the book, you follow Kat and Carter along their journey through the Dead Forest. They are faced with continuous trials and tribulations, always testing their character. They are offered help from the Guardian, lead astray by the Adversary, and encounter many interesting characters and towns. There is really never a dull moment as they make their way through the Dead Forest.

I loved reading this novel. I felt like I was in the adventure right along with Kat and Carter, questioning how I would react and what path I would choose as each situation presented itself. While reading i often reflected back to my bible study days, and enjoyed recognizing the familiar tales in the situations Kat and Carter found themselves in. Dead Forest is extremely well written, and I felt like the author was sitting in the room telling the stories to me. I look forward to more tales from this author, whether we follow Kat and Carter once again, or another pair of lucky children on their way to discovery.

Thank you to Steve and Goodreads for the opportunity to read and receive this book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Dead Forest.

09/05/2010 page 41