The Secret Insights of My Bookshelf's Reviews > The Acclaimed Shopaholic Novels Boxed Set

The Acclaimed Shopaholic Novels Boxed Set by Sophie Kinsella

Only 3 more days to go until the next book of the famous Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella will be released. Due to this event, I’d like to review the rest of the series that I’ve already read.

The whole series is about Becky Bloomwood, becoming Brandon within the series. Becky is addicted to shopping and does that all the time. Because of her shopping addiction she always ends up in peculiar situations. She constantly has problems with her bank and even if she tells herself that she does not want to go shopping anymore, she still can’t stop and always finds new and creative excuses why she really needs a certain pair of shoes, an expensive bag or other random things available in shops.

The series consists of 5 books (6 from 2 September on):

- Confessions of a Shopaholic (UK title: The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic)
- Shopaholic takes Manhattan (UK title: Shopaholic abroad)
- Shopaholic ties the knot
- Shopaholic and sister
- Shopaholic and baby
- Coming soon: Mini Shopaholic

Of course one can argue in the first place that all the books are kind of the same because they are all about Becky going shopping but that is not how it is. After reading the first one, I couldn’t wait to read the others as well! The reason why these books are so great and why they are so popular is that you can always feel with Becky. We all have been in similar situations once in a while. Or which girl has never bought a pair of shoes arguing herself into them and finding excuses why this pair is so special and definitely necessary even though her wardrobe is full of shoes?

The novels are written in a really charming way and always make me laugh. You can easily put yourself into her situation and even, if she is a bit crazier than most women are, there is always something that you have experienced as well. It is also funny to see in what situations Becky always ends up because of imprudent behaviour and the most interesting and loveliest part is usually the way she tries to get out of these situations…

Another reason why I love the books is that they are really easy to read. You do not have to concentrate because the plot is pretty straight forward but still not at all boring. They always put a smile on my face no matter in which mood I am. I know for sure that Becky is cheering me up! Once I’ve started one of the books I can hardly put it down until I finished which is always sad because then I have to wait so long for a new one and I always hope that she is writing a new one quickly…

If you haven’t read the Shopaholic books so far, I can highly recommend to do it because if you like Chick Lit, there is basically nothing better around there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Acclaimed Shopaholic Novels Boxed Set.