♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Sep 15, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, fiction, science-fiction, adventure, future, thriller, dystopian, war, survival, suspense, kick-ass-heroine, should-be-movie
Read from September 13 to 15, 2010

Okay, Catching Fire was the strangest of all the trilogy.

The Hunger Games focused on the actual build up of the world, the characters and how it all takes place in the arena in the short-term.

Mockingjay focuses on more of a world-view and long-term plans.

Catching Fire seems to sort of be stuck in between, for me. As though Collins had to fill in the space in between the other two books to make the plot line fill out a bit.

But, I did enjoy it (as you can see from my rating). Mainly because we learn a lot more about the world, especially how evil the president is. As a filler book I did enjoy it, although the 75th Hunger Games freaked me out a lot!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

09/13/2010 page 17
4.0% "This book has a lot more of the teenage angst, than the former book, in it. Which is disturbing. I loved the fast paced action of the first book; is this just an "in between" book with a lot of emotions and feelings which I can find in any high school?"
09/14/2010 page 47
12.0% "So the plan is to run away into the woods; somehow I don't see it happening."
09/14/2010 page 58
15.0% "Okay, now she's made the decision to be part of the rebellion. Which was painfully obvious from the last book. Only took about 60 pages to get here... ("only")"
09/14/2010 page 81
21.0% "Okay, so Collins managed to take me by surprise: pick from the existing pool of victors indeed! So, will it be Haymitch or Peeta? Which will be more interesting?"
09/15/2010 page 168
94.0% "Almost done, and although I can almost gauge the ending, I can't fully predict it. I like that."

Stephanie lovely and sooo true, the 75th hunger games are freaky!