Steph's Reviews > Luck of the Wolf

2142019
Oct 17, 10

bookshelves: arc-netgalley, year-read-2010, series-ongoing, author-웃
Read from October 16 to 17, 2010

Luck of the Wolf had a decent beginning introducing us to a female werewolf, Aria di Reinardus. Upon the death of Aria's guardian, Frantz, she finds herself alone, naive and the prize in a poker game. The man that "wins" her is Cortland Renier. He's attracted to Aria. She is claiming to have amnesia ... things get a bit confusing from the point on unfortunately. Cort's friend, Yuri, recognizes Aria. He believes she just may be the missing heir to the throne of the Catarinia Werewolf Empire. He comes up with a plan to "trade" her back.

I had hoped that, even with less than favorable reviews, this would be a decent read. As I mentioned, it started out ok, but eventually it was harder and harder to continue on. I couldn't understand the need to have Aria fake her amnesia or why her guardian, Frantz, would keep her so sheltered.

I have not read any other books by Susan Krinard, but I am aware of other paranormal romance series she's written. This book has not turned me off the author, just this book in particular.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin for the opportunity to read this book free-of-charge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luck of the Wolf.

10/16/2010 page 1
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Good luck with it. LOL.

Steph Maybe I'll ck out reviews and ratings before requesting any more. :) LOL!

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Sounds like a plan!

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Wow, I just ck out those reviews. Glad its you & not me that has to read it.

Steph LMAO! Hush you or I'm gonna write them and say I req'd it for you, so you'll be posting the review. >:)

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra My lips are sealed.........

Steph LOL :)

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Couldn't put it off any longer huh?

Steph Nope. LOL! I'm trying the "tackle what you don't want to do/read first" route. Hopefully I'll be able to push thru.

The first one I read in about 2 hrs. It was good. One down, five ? to go. :/

Steph :) This is a NetGalley freebie I got to read & review. The review has to be done by 11/2/10, so I was (self) forced into finally reading it. But, I prefer my dessert first, so I had to push through this one. LOL!

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Well 2 stars is better than 1. LOL.

Steph LOL! I was actually being a bit generous I think. Ugh. Oh well, it wasn't ALL crap. Got really hard to continue, if it wasn't for the NetGalley thing I would'a stopped.

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra I haven't got any of hers in my tbr, might only get them from the library I think :)

Steph Yeah, I'm not anxious to read another one of her others. And library would be my route as well. But I think I'll eventually try one just to see if it's "how she writes" or just a "one time thing".