ReviewsByMolly's Reviews > Tender Vow

Sep 04, 10

Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: FIRST
Recommended for: everyone!
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy

This was an excellent story written by an excellent author! I love Sharlene MacLaren's work.This is such a different story from the first 3 books I read by her....those were her Daughters of Jacob Kane books. She is super talented and knows how to capture her readers' hearts. She really did a wonderful job with this story. She blended heartache and pain, love and family, friendship and forgiveness, humor and faith all into one incredible story, making this one that is perfect for anyone.

The way Sharlene created Rachel and Jason's characters was phenomenal. They shared a pain so great that I could feel it in my own heart and cried with them. I loved both of these fabulous characters til the very last page and they are still in my heart! I will never forget these amazing people from this book. The love of God shines through them and their families and spills over onto the reader, as you witness the heartache, forgiveness and letting go of the past. And I absolutely can not leave out my most favorite character from this novel....the little sugar plum fairy, Meaggie! SHE WAS ADORABLE! She really added to the tenderness of this story, and that was what topped it off for me, making this an unforgettable story!

So, with a glowing 5 star praise, I most definitely recommend this book to EVERYONE. There is a message of faith, forgiveness and overcoming heartache that will last in your heart for a long time to come when you close the back cover of this book after finishing. And, if you have never read a Sharlene MacLaren book, don't miss out on this one! It's an excellent place to start. If you're already a Shar fan, then this is tender addition to your collection! I can't wait for the next amazing book from this fascinating author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tender Vow.