Angela Lynn Holland's Reviews > Sprinkle with Murder

Sprinkle with Murder by Jenn McKinlay

Jul 08, 12

bookshelves: angela-lynn-s-new-authors
Read from July 06 to 08, 2012

Why I read this book: I am doing what is called a pen pal read with a friend on the Novel Ladies group that I belong to on Goodreads. Her and I chose to read a cozy mystery together.

What I liked: I liked that this book was set around a cupcake bakery. It seems cupcakes are the up and coming thing and I like that. I also enjoyed the fast fun read that this book was. I liked Angie and how tough she was and how her brothers kept checking up on her. I liked how "cute" Mel sounded. The friendship between Mel, Angie and Tate was fun to read and how they would give each other movie quotes and the others would guess which movie it was from whenever they got together or talked to each other. It seems they also use that for a stress reliever.

What I didn't like: I don't think there was anything I did not like about this book other than a couple of the characters. I did not like Alma as she was too dark and rude. The Bridezilla - Christie was a horrible person as well. What she demanded of each of her vendors was wrong. I think she was a spoiled rotten person. Another person I could not stand was Olivia - I wanted to reach thru the book and shake her.

Overall Impression: I loved this book and am so happy we chose this book to read. I liked the characters and the story line flowed very nicely. I was able to read this book in two days which is rare for me. I thought I had the right person picked for the murder but in the last chapter I found out I was wrong. There was also another little surprise at the end but I don't want to give it way but I was happy about that as well. I will be continuing on with this series. I give this book 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sprinkle with Murder.

07/08/2012 page 91

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa I think this is a really cute cozy series! =)