Caroline's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Oct 19, 2015

bookshelves: nook, thriller, read-in-2011, nook-own
Read from January 19 to 24, 2011

Unsurprisingly, this was just as hard to put down as the first in the trilogy, and I'm so glad I waited this long to read them because the cliffhanger ending here is just mean. I feel bad for the people who read these as they were published and had to sit around wondering how it's all really going to clear up.

Once again, the translation is the weak point, but the characters and story again make up for it by far. All of the crazy twists and turns the plot took were fun and kept me guessing, and I especially loved the details of Lisbeth's past and origins that were pulled in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

01/19/2011 page 1
01/21/2011 page 113
24.0% "Okay. I couldn't help but laugh hard when, once again, Mikael sleeps with yet another of the main female characters. Like the previous, this has been very gripping, but Mikael's conquests are getting to just be hilarious."
01/23/2011 page 303
64.0% "Finally back to seeing some of Lisbeth. The near-100 pages without a glimpse of her and only speculation was driving me mad."
show 3 hidden updates…