Samantha The Escapist's Reviews > Sisters Red

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

3119053
Aug 28, 2010

bookshelves: fairy-tale, urban-fantasy
Recommended for: Someone looking for a refreshing story-format in a genre they know they like.
Read in July, 2010

I really liked this one! I'm so glad too because I picked it up on impulse when I had a few hours to kill (missed a bus -.-)

Honestly I'm pretty neutral toward the whole "new take on a fairytale" aspect of this one, in a strange way it wasn't really the main part or the focus at any point. (despite having been based almost entirely on Little Red)

It was just written well. One of the reviews on the book jacket mention something about liking a heroine that isn't too perfect to bleed, and I have to say that's what I really liked about this one. Maybe Scarlett was a little exaggerated...but not too much so and it didn't bother me. I just really liked all the characters and the action was a pleasant surprise.

No mopey, pathetic heroines OR supercharged, totally-the-opposite-of-mopey heroines. Everyone was interesting, everyone was worth reading about and honestly, I really want to read more about them hunting!

Though the big twist is a little apparent...but I don't think the author had deluded herself otherwise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.