Marcie's Reviews > Whisper of Light

Whisper of Light by Jennifer DeLucy

Feb 11, 11

Read from January 26 to 31, 2011

Whisper of Light is the second book in the Light Series. I really liked the first book a lot, Seers of Light. However this book, I love. This book focuses on the West Coast Sentients that we first met in Seers of Light. The west coast sentients are a bunch of lovable misfits. The storyline centers around Nicole. Both her parents are sentients but Nicole doesn't appear to possess any special gifts. Her father is a jerk, to put it nicely, and her mom is having some memory issues. Nicole feels out of place in her own home, unloved by her dad, and lonely. I liked her character growth throughout this novel. I love how Jennifer DeLucy transformed her character. I think Nicole is someone who we all can relate to at some point in our lives. Nicole's world is rocked with the arrival of Christian. If you haven't read Seers of Light I don't want to ruin it for you but he had a rough time in that book. Christian arrives on their door step looking for a new start but also coming with emotional baggage of his own. Nicole has to learn to trust not only herself but Christian also. They have to work together to help save a little girl. I really like Christian. His character really opens up in this book. Jennifer DeLucy gives us more back ground information on him that makes him more likable and appealing. Overall I really love this story. This book was like my favorite kind of ice cream with awesomesauce poured all over it. If you haven't read these books you are missing out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whisper of Light.

01/30/2011 page 45
16.54% "Love it!"
01/31/2011 page 131
48.16% "I want to neglect everything else just so I can read this book."