pinkgal's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Jul 17, 2007

bookshelves: absolute-favorites, magic_fairytale-esque
Read in September, 1998

It was September 1998; the third Harry Potter book had just been released. Pottermania? What's that? It was still unknown except to a vast population of younglings who'd read it... and I fell in love. Oh, how I fell in love. I fell in love with the poor, starved-for-affection, later known to be a twit Harry. I fell in love with the pretentious know-it-all Hermione. I fell in love with the awkward, grew-up-in-his-brother's-shadows Ron... and most of all? I fell in love with the snarky, unplatable, snarling, rude, hygienically-disinclined professor of potions, Severus Snape.

Almost ten years later, I'm still obsessed with it in many ways.

I think this is my favorite of all the Harry Potter books thus far. This is the one that introduces Sirius Black, who I sometimes loathe (only sometimes!) and Remus Lupin, who I will always, always love. And of course, this is the book that gave us one piece of Severus Snape's background. And that was the infamous Prank that may or may not have destroyed Snape's trust in Dumbledore. Would you have trusted someone who didn't at least suspend the one who'd tried to kill you? I don't think so. This is also the book where I found myself looking at Dumbledore with a new eye. He's a crafty old fella, I tell you that. He'll do anything to gain his means, regardless of how he may personally feel on the matter. Grandpa Albus, he ain't.

And Severus Snape, my heart did bleed for thee.
65 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Amanda Hi my name is Amanda i loved that book

Aura I totally agree with you about the Pottermania idea. People usually tell me when i say something about how much this series means to me that it is all due to marketing, the films (which i am not even keen on watching), the general fuss about the books etc. When I could barely open internet explorer in those times. This has also been my favourite for a long time, now i can't even separate the books, it reads differently after finishing the series.

Nova When we finally know the truth, after the seventh book, I cried for Snape...But Rowlings wrote him as a sympathic character with all so human flaws right from the beginning.

Valeria 1999

Lulu Beutifully stated , I agree with you completley and feel the same way.