Tina's Reviews > Tara's Song

Tara's Song by Barbara Ferry Johnson

Sep 21, 10

did not like it
bookshelves: cheating-un-romance, rapey, bodice-ripper-raper, viking, couldn-t-finish, more-than1-wife, tstl-heroine, dnf

** spoiler alert ** SPOILERS -

I really wasn't going to bother writing a review for this but I thought I should mention a couple of things here so you don't waste your money unnecessarily. It sure would've helped me hell of a lot, since I purchased this blindly without ANY spoilers.

I didn't finish this bodice ripper because:

1) The hero already had 2 wives when he marries the heroine. Moreover, he sleeps with them all! The hero acquires the heroine at a raid and he forces her to marry him. All goes well while they're traveling back to his home. They get to know each other, and are intimate. However, when they land, all hell breaks loose, because the heroine discovers his wives and refuses to share his bed. So he turns to his other wives and his female slaves. This goes on for about a year and all that time, the heroine is preggers.

2)He raped his 2nd wife for refusing him, and this wife looks like a child, which just made it that much worse for me, I literally thought I would vomit. His beating and raping of her leaves bruises so the heroine had to take care of her in the morning.

3) He cheats on the wives with female slaves.

4) Writing was unappealing and boring. I felt my mind wonder.

I don't quite remember more than this since I've been trying to forget this God awful book from my memory. Read this at your risk! :)

I do love the cover.
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tara's Song.

04/19 marked as: read

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Now I really can't wait to read it! Thanks for putting the details in your review. :-)

message 2: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Oh it sounds like a book with a much more realistic depiction of a marauding Viking and his world, than the crap we get nowadays, all new agey,vegan,Hare Krishna type of Viking. I must get a copy of this book.

JadedlilFecker *Like both comments above. Lolz

message 4: by Joy (new)

Joy Little wonder I lurve spoilers, yours saved me from reading this trash, thank you :)

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb It IS a book about life in a Viking village in the middle ages. The reason why I loved this book is because it was real. To a point. I doubt a Rorik in that period of time would have come around at all and end up falling in love with one of his wives.

message 6: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Main Omg that is totally fucked up. I will avoid this one. Not my idea of romance at all.