Kelly's Reviews > Outcast

251943
Oct 02, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2010, sci-fi, ebooks, read-in-2012
Read from August 27, 2010 to October 02, 2012

I think this is my favorite book in this series. Lynx is just so damaged by his past. He starts out so wary of everything Bonnie does for him. I just want to cry and give him cookies and hugs (which is apparently my standard operating procedure for damaged heroes) and tell him that everything will be okay. Shh, shh. Everything will be fine, kitty. Everything will be fine.

By and large, Lynx is the draw in this book. I liked that even though he was angry and withdrawn, he did his best to help Bonnie out. He didn't want her anywhere near him, but he never gave less than 100% to her farm. When Bonnie's baby is born, he not only delivers the little dumpling but he helps care for her and takes on the role of a father figure. His absolute adoration of this little baby was so sweet and huggable.

It was fun seeing the characters from previous books pop in. Jack is just as weirdly abrasive as always (I still like her, she can just get a little fixated on things), the couples do the things that couples do (which involves a lot of baby making), the sex is creative (backwards sexing!), and the bad guys continue to get what's coming to them. Fun stuff!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outcast.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey (new)

Audrey I am considering reading this one completely out of order - haven't read the other three. Is it hard to follow out of order?

Kelly Audrey wrote: "I am considering reading this one completely out of order - haven't read the other three. Is it hard to follow out of order?"

It's not hard to follow necessarily but it does have more impact to the overall arc if you read the series form beginning to end.