Jeri's Reviews > Harvard's Education

Harvard's Education by Suzanne Brockmann

Oct 05, 10

I loved it. I've been looking forward to this character's story, and Suzanne Brockmann did not disappoint, giving a story with characters so real you feel you could sit down and have a chat with them.

Navy SEAL Daryl Becker, nicknamed Harvard, does not see any place in combat training for a woman, particularly 5'2" PJ Rogers. (I guess he's not a fan of G.I. JANE. ) "But the fact is, you're a woman. Having you on my team, out in the field, in a combat situation, would be a serious distraction."

Boy, has he got a lot to learn. PJ is part of the FInCOM team training with the SEALS for a combined antiterrorist team, and she is determined to succeed. Harvard is strongly attracted to PJ, as she is to him, but he's going to have to learn to deal with her as a person before she is willing to deal with him on a man-woman level. She's a strong, talented, and above all, practical, woman and it isn't long before Harvard realizes that those very qualities are a large part of what he's is falling in love with. The two of them make a formidable pair and it was a delight to watch them get to know each other.

BTW, I loved the way PJ handled herself and the male prejudice that she met. I imagine some readers are going to think she takes too hard a line, but she's got my respect and admiration. Not bad for a fictional character, wouldn't you say?

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harvard's Education.