Moppet's Reviews > Magna Carta and the England of King John

Magna Carta and the England of King John by Janet S. Loengard

Sep 28, 2011

bookshelves: 12th-century, 13th-century, history, on-hiatus, king-john
Read from September 27 to November 06, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magna Carta and the England of King John.

09/27/2010 page 10
10/22/2010 page 62
32.0% "The library just recalled this, so it'll have to go on the back burner for the moment. So far averaging at 4 stars."
11/06/2010 page 62
32.0% "Someone else requested this so it has gone back to library for the present."

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Oh, that looks interesting. And it's Boydell, so a good academic press!

message 2: by Moppet (new) - added it

Moppet It's papers from a conference apparently and looks good. From the description there is stuff on the whole reign, not just 1215, and also a critical edition of John's letter about poor old Maude de Braose. I was going to ask my subscription library to order it but no need because they've got it in and I'm picking it up tomorrow.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Oh, very interesting indeed. I have a translation of that letter in my Tower of London edition of John's correspondence, but it would be interesting to see what's said about it and by whom. Do report back!

message 4: by Moppet (new) - added it

Moppet Bummer. Forgot library shuts on Saturday on Bank Holiday weekends. Will have to wait till next week to get it.