Jason McIntyre's Reviews > The Night Walk Men

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: my-books
I own a copy

Review by: Lisa B at Smashwords on Aug. 06, 2010 :
Weird! But in a good way. It plays with the narrative to the point where I was questioning the motives of the narrator and not sure if I should trust what he was telling me or call him a liar. It is very blunt! Being "talked to" like that in a story is different.

I can't get past the mental image I created in my own head of that little girl on the train track when she felt the rumble of the coming train. Good solid creation of the fear in my own head. Not many writers do that well without describing every tiny detail. This one gets it. Well done!

Review by: Mark Jacobs at Smashwords on Sep. 06, 2010 :
Weird, eerie, and spellbinding stuff. Well worth reading! A story of great depth and meaning. Good job, Jason.

Review by: artielange at Smashwords on Aug. 18, 2010 :
Watching this little girl's life hang in the balance is mesmerizing. I just didn't know where it would go.

I agree-this should be a series of stories with some more time spent on the mythology of the night walk men..and how their decisions are made.

Review by: Shana at Smashwords on Aug. 12, 2010 :
Yes! I want to learn more about the Night Walk Men too, more about their world and this crazy place on the other side of the moon. There's a touch of the fantastical here but it's so grounded in the real world and that's what McIntyre does well in his other stories on Smashwords too. Crazy story. Just cray-zee!

Review by: Stucky at Smashwords on Aug. 12, 2010 :
I would be interested in a series of tales featuring "Night Walk Men." It would probably make a good "Twilight Zone"-esque TV show if done right, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Walk Men.