jo_t's Reviews > Darius Jones

Darius Jones by Mary B. Morrison

Aug 27, 10

Darius’ Wake-up Call

This is a fast-paced story written in a colloquial style. I found Mary B. Morrison’s writing engaging and entertaining, despite the use of multiple first person points of view, which took some suspense and drama away from the story.

Darius Jones takes for granted everything in his privileged existence until his family is attacked on a highway - his world collapses and his wife ends up in a coma. A chain of the most awkward predicaments is a wake-up call bringing Darius’s life into perspective. Especially when he fights a psychopathic chameleon, whose obsession to be with him stops at nothing.

I like Darius, although his attitude is that of a rake from the British ton. His slang and chats with his wayward instincts don’t make him come across any less arrogant. Well, a basketball league's cherished player is sports royalty after all. When he is close to losing everything he really cares about, Darius matures and becomes more sympathetic. All the women in his life, including his own mother, are kind of unstable. The only one who shows some rationality is his beloved wife. No wonder, he clings to her like a lifesaver.

In all, it’s a good read, and I laughed a few times too.

At the end of the book, we get the bonus of Mary B. Morrison’s unique poetry.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darius Jones.