Tamara's Reviews > Creating Your Library Brand: Communicating Your Relevance and Value to Your Patrons

Creating Your Library Brand by Elisabeth Doucett

Aug 27, 10

bookshelves: libraries, work, non-fiction
Read in August, 2010

Note: I wish the case studies in the back had been more extensive and shown more visual examples.

Useful Information:

You need to make sure that your audience understands your message not only because it is clear but also because they care about the message.

Your brand's message has to be remembered quickly and easily.

A great brand has a visual identity (logo) that supports the brand story in a powerful, attention-getting, visual terms.

If you find that your message starts to look like a laundry list of services that your library offers, it is a warning to stop and rethink.

Make sure your message is honest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creating Your Library Brand.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan She's the keynote for my "Your Library, Your Community" statewide collaborative event!

Tamara I think I'm going to get to go!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca "A brand is shorthand for the story that an organization wants to tell potential users about how it can meet a need in their lives." Love this!