Manny's Reviews > Lili A Peur De La Mort

Lili A Peur De La Mort by Dominique de Saint Mars

Mar 05, 12

bookshelves: children, french, linguistics-and-philosophy, ainsi-va-la-vie
Read on August 28, 2010

Lili witnesses a traffic accident and is suddenly overcome by the fear of death. There are numerous references to other books in the series - it's a kind of Comedie Humaine for five year olds.

The bit I liked best was when Lili begs her parents to promise her not to die before she's grown up. "Scout's honour!" says Dad. But, as they go to bed, you see them discussing it further.

"What would happen to the kids if we died?" asks Mom.

"We've got a lot of relatives," says Dad.

"But your brother* is always mad at everyone... and mine has a drinking problem* ..." says Mom thoughtfully.

At the bottom of the page, there's a typical footnote:

* You can meet Paul's brother in Lili Celebrates Christmas With Her Family and Barbara's in Emilie Doesn't Like It When Her Mother Drinks Too Much .
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lili A Peur De La Mort.

notgettingenough Read while playing bridge online, and voted for because it is satisfactorily keeping me awake, no mean feat at this hour.

notgettingenough PS: kept me awake, but didn't help me win. Just for the record. Not that I'm blaming your review, mind. A review isn't likely to make a person win or lose at bridge. But.

Night.