Kelli Lee's Reviews > White Cat

White Cat by Holly Black

May 19, 11

bookshelves: magic-abound, mystery-thriller, contemporary-fantasy, young-adult, fantasy-noir
Read from May 17 to 19, 2011

4 stars because this book managed to hold my interest - a near impossible feat as of late. I believe it was the unique idea of curse workers that carried me onward. Definitely not a boring topic for a book as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed the voice of the main character Cassel. The mystery itself was rather obvious, but maybe it was supposed to be that way. Regardless, this was a fun, fast read. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by this book and will definitely continue on with the series. Hopefully it will be a series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Cat.

05/18/2011 page 76

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kyle Finished this over the weekend! The whole "Zacharov Bathroom" scene at the end I was just going "WTF?!" the entire time! XD Have Tithe on hold, since I've heard (occasionally) that it's really good!

Kelli Lee Yeah, I love the Curse Workers series. I can't wait for the final book :( coming out in the next few months. And I think you'll like Tithe. I read it after falling in love with Black's writing, all dark and gritty-esque.