Janne Varvára's Reviews > Wizard's First Rule

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Oct 01, 10

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from September 01 to October 01, 2010

After a long break, Terry Goodkind has brought me back into the world of classic fantasy.

A while back, I started watching Legend of the Seeker, the TV series based on the books. I loved it, so I started reading the books, and once again; so not disappointed!

First of all, the TV series is wonderfully true to the characters. Really. They are the most important part of the story, and boy, are they wonderful. All the characters are delightful, and so easy to love. They all steer the story forward.
Richard Cypher is a wonderful hero, a reluctant hero who thinks with his heart. Kahlan Amnell is a perfect heroine, an empowered, strong woman. Still, between them, it's so sad everything they can't have.
The person I perhaps love the most is Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander, the wizard. He's witty and full of wisdom. Wizard's first rule: People are stupid.
There's also all other kinds of wisdom throughout the book, like the fact that you must be totally prepared to fail if you're to succeed at all.

The story is fast-paced, full of action and set in a richly detailed world with our heroes trying to topple the tyranny of Darken Rahl.
I loved this book, it's definitely one of the masterpieces of fantasy. A must-read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wizard's First Rule.

Quotes Janne Varvára Liked

Terry Goodkind
“Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid”
Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

Terry Goodkind
“no army has ever marched into battle thinking that the Creator had sided with their enemy.”
Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

09/03/2010 "Am I in love? Yes. Yes, I am."