Iris Blobel's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Aug 27, 10

This is the second by I've read by Sophie Kinsella and I have to admit I did like this one a lot more.

Emma Corrigan works for Panther Cola and after a disastrous business meeting in Glasgow she's on a flight back to London which is experiencing some turbulence. Afraid and thinking that's it, she spills all her secrets to the American sitting next to her - literally - how she lost her virginity, what she really thinks of her boyfriend, the petty stunts she pulls on co-workers, the way she killed her parents' goldfish while they were on vacation, and more. Safe and sound back in London, Emma hopes to never see the American again, yet, it's only a few days later that she finds out who he actually is and her life will never be the same. But he has a secret as well.

I liked it the way Emma grows over the weeks and the way she finds out that secrets can actually hold you back and most of the times you're better off telling the truth, even though it might initially hurt the other one. Life is about what you are no matter what. You don't have to be perfect in every sense, yet you have to accept yourself and things as they are.

I really am going to like the English Chick-lit which is on the market on the moment. I found this one a fast and easy read , which kept me staying up late at night and giggling along the way - even though I thought the story was pretty predictable and in places a bit "over the top". Well worth taking to the beach or on holidays

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.