Iris Blobel's Reviews > The Gift

The Gift by Cecelia Ahern

Aug 27, 10

A must read for Cecelia Ahern Fans!

I loved the book because after I had read the previous few books, I fell in love with Cecelia's stories yet again.

It's a common story: a busy husband and father, with a big career, wants everything, yet bigger and better, and not getting his priorities right. His family and health are suffering. Lou at some stage lost the ability to live until he meets Gabriel, or Gabe, a man living on the streets. After this his life changes forever....

Cecilia Ahern always adds some magic into her books. I wasn't able to put "The Gift" down. The story could be compared to a modern fairytale, and I believe almost everyone would be able to identify themselves with Lou, the main character. Even though the story seems very far fetched, it is something we have come to like about Cecelia's books. The story will make you reflect on your life - Lou’s life could be my life or your life. It reminds all of us the we have to re-focus on the important things in life again, like family, and not let it slip away - we only have one and should do the most with it!

The book is written in a style you've come to expect from Cecelia: easy, with parts that make you laugh, cry but also makes you think. I really liked it and can't wait to start her latest book "The book of tomorrow".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gift.