Patrick Brown's Reviews > The Honourable Schoolboy

The Honourable Schoolboy by John le Carré

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: paused

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Honourable Schoolboy.

09/02/2010 page 5
09/03/2010 page 36
6.0% ""A redhead, which was halfway to whoredom for a start.""
09/09/2010 page 191
31.0% "Le Carre gives the reader so much credit. I wish every best-selling thriller was written so smartly."
09/10/2010 page 205
34.0% "I'm amazed by how well Le Carre writes the political drama surrounding the actual espionage. It reminds me of how The Wire so successfully shows how the political process interferes with police work in Baltimore."
09/15/2010 page 290
48.0% "I should've known the Americans would fuck everything up."
09/17/2010 page 300
49.0% "It only *seems* like this meeting has been going on for fourteen years."
10/01/2010 page 300
49.0% "Moving this guy to the paused shelf for a bit. Have to get into the Big Short."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Janet I loved that book. Second only to the Perfect Spy. So glad you're reading it right now. I'm looking forward to senility so I can reread LeCarre as if I'd never read him before.

message 2: by Patrick (new) - added it

Patrick Brown Janet wrote: "I loved that book. Second only to the Perfect Spy. So glad you're reading it right now. I'm looking forward to senility so I can reread LeCarre as if I'd never read him before."

Okay, that made me laugh! But yes, I'm really enjoying this so far. I'm trying to space out reading the Smiley books so they'll last a bit longer.