Jennifer's Reviews > Heist Society

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: ya, favorites, read-2012, crime-thrillers-spies
Read from July 14 to 15, 2012 — I own a copy

I really enjoy Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls , but I adore Heist Society, probably because the only thing I love more than spies are cons. I love the cleverness and outwitting. Actually, between the cover and the theme, I was reminded of one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn movies, How to Steal a Million and another one of my other favorite films, The Thomas Crown Affair.

It took me a few chapters to get back info Ally Carter's style of writing, but after that it as clear sailing. It was easy to like Kat, perhaps a little easier for me to like her than Cammie from Gallagher Girls. Kat is making her own way in the world when she gets unapologetically hauled back into a life she tried to leave behind.

Kat knows all the cons and all the criminals, but she's never been up against anyone quite so formidable before ...especially not all by herself. Kat's strong and capable of taking care of herself. She's also smart enough to know she can't do it herself. Well, at least she has Hale, even if she's not ready to let him in. I craved more about all of her characters, not because they seem underdeveloped, but because I was fascinated by them.

Another reason this series resonates with me more than Gallagher Girls is that it just seems more plausible. Don't get me wrong, the Girls are lots of fun, but Heist Society seems a little less... frivolous. I want to know where Kat goes from here, so I will be picking up Uncommon Criminals soon. I will continue with both series, but Heist Society will be the more urgent read on my TBR pile. It will be the one I'll have trouble putting down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heist Society.

07/14/2012 page 83
29.0% "I think I like this series even better than Gallagher Girls. #amreading"