Tammy Dahle's Reviews > The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Aug 26, 2010

Read from July 05 to December 10, 2012

My thoughts:
Have you ever been excluded from a game, locked out of a tree fort or left behind because you were a girl? In elementary school I didn't want to play with dolls, hang on the money bars, or swing. I wanted to run with the boys, catch the football, and shoot the bad guys with my finger gun. Maybe that is why I completely fell in love with this book.
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks is BRILLIANT! The story takes place over the span of two years. We see Frankie go from shy and uncertain to someone who could quite possibly take over the world.
Frankie starts a new school year having gone through some major physical changes over the summer. She immediately gets the attention of popular senior, Matthew.
As their relationship progresses she finds out that Matthew belongs to an all-boy secret society at her boarding school. This secret society-The Loyal Order of the Bassett Hounds has a long history of pulling legendary pranks. Frankie wants to be a part of it but can't simply because she's a girl. But Frankie is not the type of girl to accept no for an answer.
Frankie is impossible not to fall in love with and root for. A main character with brains, beauty and wit quick enough to make your head spin.
I bought this book used from Amazon.com and donated it to my local middle school.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.