Carol Kerry-green's Reviews > Season of Storms

Season of Storms by Susanna Kearsley

Sep 17, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, read-sept-2010, mystery, romantic-suspense
Read from September 14 to 16, 2010

I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this book. Lake Garda in Italy is the setting for the action which centres around the production of a play written in the 1930s for the actress Celia Sands. Seventy years later, another Celia Sands (not related) is to take on the role that the original never got to play, having disappeared the night before it opened. But what really happened to the first Celia, will this version of the play be dogged by difficulties as others have been?

I thought this one of Kearlsey's to be the nearest in 'feel' to Mary Stewart's novels and I enjoyed it a lot.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Season of Storms.

09/15/2010 page 172

message 1: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah Hey Carol,
This is my least favorite Kearsley. Look forward to seeing what you think of it.

Carol Kerry-green I remember you saying this wasn't a favourite of yours in your review. I picked it up today at Waterstones as part of their 3 for the price of 2 books, the other two were The Hunger Games and the new Iain Banks novel Transition - looking forward to reading all three

message 3: by Hannah (last edited Aug 27, 2010 03:22PM) (new) - added it

Hannah Oh boy, I think you're in for a treat with The Hunger Games (although I just finished #3 in that series and wasn't wild about the conclusion - oh well).

I need to look up Iain Banks to see if his books would be something I'd like.

Enjoy Season of Storms.

Carol Kerry-green You might enjoy Iain Banks novels, especially Espedair Street, Crow Road and The Steep Approach to Garbadale, but be warned, he also writes science fiction, usually under the name Iain M Banks, and as you don't ususally like sf, you'd probably not get on with them. If I had to choose one to start with, I'd go for Crow Road.

I've only ever come across one of his books I didn't like

message 5: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah Sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation.