Tamra's Reviews > Wisdom of Our Fathers: Lessons and Letters from Daughters and Sons

Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert

Aug 26, 10

Recommended for: Saps, who can't seem to get over their need to have a dad
Read in August, 2010

This book is filled with little short memories from children about their fathers. I believe some of these kids must have been on an acid trip while gathering their memories. Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sure there were no acid trips involved. But, perhaps a little reality got skewed along the way, which led to a little gagging from me, from time to time. Nobody's father is perfect. Sorry, it just happens to be the truth. But then again, how would I know?
Although, I have to say, there were some stories that made me wish I had a dad. I'm sure we could of had some good times that would have left a tear in my eye. Oh-Well, what should I have for lunch today?
With that being said. I seriously am sadden and disappointed in the role men play in today's society. I think it's a sad, sad commentary on our society that men and fathers feel they have such a minor role in our world that they don't need to be present. I love men! I love the opposite they bring. The yin and the yang. I love how they treat, play and discipline kids differently than a women. I believe children need both sides. I love how, just a mans presence can calm a room, lower a level of hysteria. I think men get a bum wrap. Men can be wonderful husbands, fathers, friends, lovers. That was some of the deciding factors in my choice of a husband; He'll stick around, he'll be a good dad, he honors his role of being a man, he still open my car door for me and best of all he was and will always be my best friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wisdom of Our Fathers.