Kim's Reviews > Blaze

Blaze by Richard Bachman

Sep 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010

I really liked this book.
I am not sure I have read King as Bachman before - but I will again. I am not a great fan of King as King - I have read some of hsi stuff and I see why it is popular, but i am not a major fan. Holiday reading if there is nothing else.
But as Bachman I think he is great - in this book anyway.

The story is about Blaze who kidnaps a rich family's kid but it is so much more about how life sometimes just deals you a shit hand.
Blaze is born to the wrong father and the wrong stuff happens to him and he is irrevocably changed. and all because of other people. Blaze is essentially a good man who life just kicks in the face.

Blaze is such a sad character, his life and his being did make me tearful. he does lose the plot, but i kept thinking that if someone just loved him or cared about him, life would've been so different.

I am haunted my him, and by the many Blaze's who do actually exist.

That this book has the reader rooting for the kidnapper is real testament to the writing skill - not that anyone needs convincing of King's ability.

Blaze will remain with me for ages and if that's not a compliment, I don't know what it. Will certainly read more Bachman

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze.