Jennifer's Reviews > Alexis: My True Story of Being Seduced by an Online Predator

Alexis by Alexis Singer

Aug 27, 2010

bookshelves: non-fiction, memoir, ya
Read from August 25 to 27, 2010

From My Book Review Blog, Rundpinne:[return][return]Alexis: My True Story of Being Seduced by an Online Predator by Alexis Singer is part of the Louder Than Words book series and is an eye-opening memoir for parents of teens and a valuable lesson for teens to read. Alexis, now a sophomore in college writes candidly about how easily she was seduced into an online relationship with a predator, how she had seen the television shows, knew the warning signs, yet she still fell for it. All the warning signs were present, yet being a teen going through an emotional time, he pretended to offer her what she craved, love and attention. I enjoyed reading Alexis and felt it would be appropriate for teens to read. As a parent I was appalled and surprised her parents were as laid back as they were about the events. The ending still made me feel dreadfully sorry for Alexis and if I could have added one thing to the book it would have been information or hotline numbers for teens to utilize. All in all, Alexis opens herself up in hopes of preventing some other teen from following in her path.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alexis.