Melissa's Reviews > Between Two Queens

Sep 05, 10

Recommended to Melissa by: Jody Jonas
Recommended for: Tudor Fans
Read from August 26 to September 05, 2010, read count: 1

Different from the original in the series--the only repeat character is really King Henry VIII. I didn't connect to Nan, the main character, nearly as well as I did with Jane Popnycourt from the 1st book in the series. In the beginning, Nan's naivety and youthful snobbish attitude toward Cat & Ned were annoying and frustrating. Fortunately for the book's 3 star rating, Nan improved as a character around page 100 and I enjoyed it more and more from there. The time in Tudor Court wasn't as interesting to me as the first because Nan is young during King Henry VIII later years in life. I don't love that part of Tudor court as much as 1530's and such.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Two Queens.

08/27/2010 page 80
21.0% "I am surprised to find that this is not really a sequel to The Pleasure Place. The only consistent character is King Henry VIII. I'm not as connected to Nan as I was with Jeanne/Jane Popnycourt. Nan's youthful naivety is annoying and her relationship with her sister Cat and her love Ned is snobbish. It's difficult to relate to her. I'm waiting for Nan to grow up a little; I'm captivated though."
09/02/2010 page 225
59.0% "Nan is definitely maturing and the story is getting better. We'll see what the ending brings..."