Stacey Jo's Reviews > Finding Zach

Finding Zach by Rowan Speedwell

1950408
Mar 10, 11

bookshelves: mm-contemporary, 3-mm-i-own, mm-hurt-comfort, mm-disabilities-issues-or-injuries, favorite-books, mm-tear-jerker
Read from March 07 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I would give this book 6 stars if I could. I've decided to place it on my "All Time Favorties" shelf. It absolutely tore at my heartstings. It was such an emotional read. I didn't cry, but there were so many times were it left me breathless.

Zach endured extreme torture in the jungles of Venezuela from the age of 15 to 20. He was found and brought back home and after 2 years and a lot of intense therapy had started to rebuild his life to a small degree. Two years after he came back, David, his older childhood best friend, and the guy he had a crush on and first kissed, entered his life again and that is when Zach's carefully controled, or what he thought was controlled life, changed.

David carried a lot of guilt for Zach's dissapearance because separating the two of them was part of the reason that Zach was sent away. David has always been in love with with Zach and is overjoyed to learn that Zach was found alived but crushed to learn that Zach didn't want to see him. They run into each other by chance and so starts their renewed friendship and relationship. David is a beautiful person. He's patient and kind and so in love with Zach, who is also in love with David, even if he is too damaged at first to show it.

This is a wonderful story that shows the depth of love and how love can heal people, because David needed some healing too. The dialog was amazing. I felt like I was right there with the characters. It flowed so smoothly. It was in third person mostly but I really liked a few parts where the author used first person from Zach's POV to tell what he was thinking.

This was a VERY well written book that is emotionally charged. When you're done, it makes you sit back and take a few deep breaths and just say Wow!... and maybe even blow your nose if you're so inclined.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Zach.

Nicci Great review! I've been starring at this title for awhile now. Have to add it to my bookshelf.

Stacey Jo Nicci wrote: "Great review! I've been starring at this title for awhile now. Have to add it to my bookshelf."

Thanks! It sat on my shelf for a while too but it was one of my gang bang picks so I finally got around to it and so glad I did.

Nicci The things we bear. sigh. I can't imagine. FZ was a great read. I'm now reading the author's Hopes and Fears, about Brian who wrote Zach's story.