Dan's Reviews > Turn Coat

Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

4199839
Aug 25, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, humorous, mystery, urban-fantasy

Yet another great story featuring one of my favorite orphaned wizards named Harry. When the Warden named Morgan, who's been hounding Harry and waiting for him to prove himself a warlock since book one, shows up on Harry's doorstep asking for help we know we're in for a bumpy ride. White Council politics - including an in house traitor, White Court Vampires, a millennia old Native American shape-shifting monster, and an uncharted island in Lake Michigan which is a huge-source of magical power and has it's own consciousness are just some of the elements in this exciting Urban-Fantasy-Mystery. Of course, many of the regular cast return to help Harry out along the way including Billy (now Will) and Georgia the werewolves, Murphy - Harry's female cop buddy, Thomas, the only vampire Harry can trust (or so he thinks), Molly Carpenter, Harry's apprentice, and of course, Bob the skull, Mister the cat and Mouse the giant magical Foo dog. The only element of the this story that I didn't love was the fact that end of it Harry has fewer people he can be close with and he is once again isolated from those with whom he could confide in and share secrets. But, life goes on, and we'll have to wait to see what next year brings for Chicago's resident wizard private eye. Make sure you start with "Storm Front" - the first in the series, and trust me, they just keep getting better!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turn Coat.