Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > The Manituw

The Manituw by Lisbeth Jenkins

This one is a good little short. It's the kind of book that you pick up when you want something fast and simple.

I enjoyed this one. Like I said, it's a quick read. The characters are likable but there's nothing remarkable about them because they are a bit vague. What's in the blurb is exactly what we get about the characters so there's not much depth to this story.

The plot that is there is a good one but, again, it's vague and in some cases it feels like what is actually happening happens off screen and we get the reader's digest version instead. That's not actually the case but it feels as if it is because when a problem arises, a solution happens very soon and very fast which makes the book feel a bit rushed. And, in most cases I had question after question for each situation.

All in all, I liked the book. It kept my attention and there are one or two exciting parts but overall there's not much substance to it. I'd still recommend it since I did enjoy it. :)
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Manituw.

Alyosha Together? *smooch*

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Absolutely! :D

Alyosha Hey babe, are we reading this before september? ;)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Yeah, sorry. I'm reading Bear, Otter and the Kid right now but we can read it once I finish! :D

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Ready to start whenever you are

Alyosha Roger that, and right back at ya! chuuu

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Okay. Starting in a few

Alyosha Hookay sweets, starting now then!

- humm, already liking the tone ^_^

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions oh this was on my asap list :( if it was on my ASAP2 list i'd start it

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* You should start it anyway

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lol ok i will finish my current reading and start...

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* okay. you'll probably pass me

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i havent even started yet so probably not

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* no you will. i'm trying to print invitations and they aren't printing right so it's going to take me a while to figure it out. then i have to do a school assignment (fucking school) then i have class tonight so i'll only be able to read until 5 if i can read at all.. i have a feeling aly is already done though

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions oh N is so busy i don't know nothing about printting

Alyosha Nikyta wrote: "no you will. i'm trying to print invitations and they aren't printing right so it's going to take me a while to figure it out. then i have to do a school assignment (fucking school) then i have cla..."

Woops. I'm sorry my computer broke and I didn't know how far you had read and I kind of just read so that I wouldn't fall behind and well. Niky you know me too well *grhm*

Yes B join us. A pretty nice read, and the location was unique!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i start in a few :)