Katie's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Nov 21, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from August 26 to September 05, 2010

I am going to review this book in two different categories;

A)the quality of the book on its own merits, and;
B)how it compares to the Mortal Instruments.

Lets start with B to be awkward. It is the Mortal instruments, just in a different time and place. Will is just a much less playful Jace(not good, in case you weren't sure). Tessa Gray, hmmm, where to start, oh yeah, her name, nothing like Clary Fray, am I right? *roll's eye's*. Would anyone else agree that Jem is like Alec, only in Simon's position? I'll credit her with the fact that the two guys in the triangle are best friends, and not two guys happy to hate one another, adds a whole new dimension, I think. As a whole, just a little bit too much like TMI for me to think its amazing and original.

Onto A now, on its own merits. While its very good and all, not all that much happens. I mean, lots of action and stuff, but none of it really excited me. I do like the characters though, particularly Jem. And she has left lots of development open for Will's background, looking forward to it greatly. TMI got better with each book, City Of Glass having been great, maybe she'll pull off the same here.

*fingers crossed*

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.