Arlene's Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 1

Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino

Aug 30, 10

bookshelves: graphic-novels-manga, paranormal, read-2010, vampires, ya-paranormal, young-adult
Read from August 28 to 30, 2010

Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino was great! I’ve definitely found a shojo manga series I want to commit too, and I can’t wait to read the next book! I loved the story line, the art work was amazing, and the ending had me driving to the bookstore to pick up the next installment.

In Vampire Knight we meet two groups of students who attend Cross Academy. There is the Day Class, where Yuki Cross and Kiryu Zero serve has Guardians, and the Night Class that is full of vampires. Yuki was attacked by a vampire ten years prior and has no memory preceding that event. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy and guards the Day Class alongside Zero, who has secrets that haunt him and his existence. Despite her past, Yuki believes that vampires and humans can peacefully coexist, but Zero feels differently.

It’s probably too soon to draw my alliances, but if I had to call a team, I’d have to say I’m Team Zero. Don’t get me wrong, Kaname was intriguing, but there’s something about a tortured soul that just gets to me. Great first installment and I have the second manga in this series at the ready.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 1.

Jamie enjoying it? i watch the show just as good :D

Arlene I am! I actually like it a lot. I'll finish it today.

Jamie yup i do if u like it maybe u should try the show glad u liked it :D

~Tina~ <3 Kaname! I don't care what Kim says

:P

Arlene Kaname was great!! But Zero was pretty hard to resist. LOL I loved this one!

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim ~Tina~ wrote: "<3 Kaname! I don't care what Kim says

:P"

*THE MOTHER OF ALL GASPS*

THERE IS ONLY ZERO! HE HAS HIS EARS PIERCED FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE TATTOO! *faints dramatically*

Oh... wait. Tina, this works out just fine actually =D Kaname for you, Zero for me.

I can see you have excellent taste in teams Arlene, I'm so proud of you ^^

message 7: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic LOL Kim.

I'm still undecided, I want them both. I'll have to wait until the next one to pick a team.

Great review Arlene!

message 8: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I'm glad you laughed, cause I re-read what I said earlier and I really do look like a scary person. *grins*

Kaname is amazing, but Zero is just more amazing. The look and the outfits alone.

Wops, I wanted to say something about ships but that would be very spoilery. Arlene, read quicker XD

message 9: by ~Tina~ (last edited Aug 31, 2010 03:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ I agree they both are amazing and I love them both, but I dunno, there was just something secret-sexy when I first saw Kaname, he radiated power and kindness in one look. Zero is the tortured soul, maybe a little too tortured but he's an A LOT of great moments as well!

Great review Arlene, I really need to buy this series already;)

Ohhh, and that's fine with me, you can have Zero, Kim. I'll keep Kaname all to myself since no one else wants him! Heheheh!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Zero will be unconcious by the time I've finished with him anyway, so I'll leave it to the rest of the team to revive him for me...

Wow, my mind is so far in the gutter today I can't even see it anymore.

~Tina~ Nothing wrong with that. The gutter is a great place for your mind to be XD

Arlene The number zero is now a dirty word.... Our list is growing.

LOL!!