Darcia Helle's Reviews > With Good Behavior

With Good Behavior by Jennifer Lane

Jul 22, 2011

bookshelves: fiction, romance, suspense-thriller-mystery
Read from July 19 to 21, 2011 — I own a copy

When I read, I am first drawn to characters. If they don't capture me, the plot means nothing. From page one, Jennifer Lane captured me with her characters. I loved them all, main characters and minor characters alike. They felt real, with their good qualities, their flaws and their little quirks. I cared about what happened to them and they drew me in to the well developed, intricate plot.

The romance between Sophie and Grant is a driving force but this is not a predictable, one-dimensional romance novel. To be honest, I avoid those at all costs. The romance in this one is tangled in mystery, suspense, dysfunctional families and secrets.

The characters' points of view can be a little difficult to follow at first. There is no clear separation from one to the next. But I quickly fell in to the rhythm and that didn't detract at all from my enjoyment of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With Good Behavior.

message 1: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Lane Many thanks, Darcia! The character of Grant was the main reason I wrote this story, and I'm so glad you liked him and the rest of the gang.

Darcia Helle Grant made me want to go hang out on a naval base to see if I could find another like him!

message 3: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Lane Just watch out for his relatives. ;)