Meg Moggs (Cynical Herbivore)'s Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Oct 29, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-supernatural, romance, young-adult, favourites, angels, action
Recommended for: Fans of paranormal romance novels, with angels...

OK, I admit it: I'm a sucker for gothic, even if somewhat cliché, novels, especially when angels are involved. No, it wasn't the most original of plots, but still, it was an awesome book. It wasn't worthy of 5 stars: only the best get that treatment, but it sure as hell deserved a 3 star/4 star rating in my opinion.

Luce- Yeah, she is a bit annoying. Whiny? Naíve? Plain? Yes. Intriguing? Has an interesting back story?
Yes. So tha kinda makes up for the flaws in her character. She has always been haunted by shadows,
and keeps being reincarnated just to fall for the same man again: a fallen angel. But what if she
was really meant to be with mysterious, gothic Cam?

Daniel- A fallen angel that keeps falling for Luce, and will do anything to keep her. He's the 'good
guy' of the love triangle. I really want a change in these paranormal romance novels, so let's
have the hot, mysterious guy win the girl for a change (look below). *grumbles about over- rated good guys*

Cam- TEAM CAM! So apparently he's a bit evil, but seriously? He'd be a way better match for Luce, he
might make her a bit bolder and interesting. And even though he's a 'bad guy', I think he's
actually kinda good. After all, he makes a deal with Cam to do whatever possible to help Luce. So
c'mon, give us a Cam and Luce romance. Please?

I know this review is a bit late as the sequel has FINALLY been released, Torment. I haven't actually read it yet, but I'm going to pretty soon. Hope you liked my review, and I know there are quite a few people that dislike this book, but this review is purely my opinion.
-Zanthie! ;)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.