Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Sep 18, 10

bookshelves: signed
Read from September 13 to 18, 2010

I can't promise this review will be spoiler free so don't read it if you haven't read it or the previous books in the series.

I absolutely loved this book. It tied up brilliantly the mortal instruments triology to a satisfying conclusion (although I am happy there will be more). I don't really know where to begin when writing this review as I don't want to spoil things for others and I can't criticise it at all so I'll just go through the things I loved about this book in no particular order.

I loved how the Jace/Clary story line played out. I serious love Jace and want him to be my secret boyfriend as he is gorgeous and I loved how the story played out for them. I know people are going to come back and say the whole thing is sick and twisted but you literally can't fight the chemistry these two have and I think the whole thing was dealt with well by Clare in this book.

I was so excited to see that Jocelyn is in this book. I loved how she entered the story and loved her interactions with both Clary and Luke.

The Magnus and Alec story line was awesome - I particularly enjoyed Maia's reaction to it (when you read it you'll see what I mean)

My heart broke a little bit for Max (and that is all I'm going to say on that front)

The scene with Valentine and the Inquistor was immense (as was the whole section of the story with the demon army. I was like "wow this cannot be happening" but it was and it was awesome.

I loved seeing the development of Clary as a character and particularly how she used her ability to creat runes to help when everything seems a bit hopeless.

Simon was awesome in this book. I love that boy.

Sebastian - all I can say is wow - that whole story line blew me away.

As I said not a proper review as I normally do them - I don't want to give a blow by blow account of the action as I think it would spoil too much for other but all I can say it is it absolutely awesome!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.