Megan's Reviews > Fallen

bookshelves: 11th-grade-advisory

Fallen
Lauren Kate
452 Pages

At Sword and Cross Boarding School in Savannah, Georgia, there are many new adventures that are in store for teen, Lucinda Price. The place is for dangerous teens that have committed appalling crimes. Lucinda Price is considered a newbie to the school, people have thought she was crazy and had committed the death of one of her “friends”. But little do they know, Lucinda isn’t really a troubled teen, like everyone she meets. She is just a proficient girl, with many secrets that are well kept in her past, including the irresistible Daniel Grigoris. Lucinda, Luce for short, is fascinated by Daniels presence and insists that she knew him before.

Fallen is intriguing and a well thought out book. There are times where I felt like skipping a few pages because it just absolutely bored me, strictly because I wanted to see Daniel and Luce’s love grow. This book is mainly about Lucinda trying to get close to Daniel, but every time she steps near him, he quickly would brush her off. Now I understand the “hard to get” move, but too much, could bore the readers and make them question why am I wasting my time? Therefore, Fallen is indeed a great plot line and something I have never seen before.

Kate’s writing style was appropriate for the book. It had fit the tone and the mood of the book. Writing in third person, made the readers question themselves, and not know what the characters intentions are.

I would recommend this to people who don’t have enough dark romance books that they are amuse to. I believe that the next book of the series, would be more fast paced and more romance. But it was a good book. I recommend it to any teen that loves the forbidden love triangle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.