Linda's Reviews > That's Where God Is

That's Where God Is by Daniel Morrow

F 50x66
Aug 24, 2010

Read in August, 2010

That’s Where God Is is a great example of how important grandparents are to their grandchildren. Now only to nurture and love them, but to also explore God with them. I really liked the fact that the grandpa didn’t spoon-feed his grandson as to where God is. He allowed the boy to learn while searching out the answer for himself, while I’m sure Grandpa was praying.

Ali and Dan’s book shows the homey touch of the boy’s home with his mom, siblings, a cat, and a dog; the young boy’s outings; and natural, loving interactions at home. Along with the adventures of ‘finding God,’ Scripture is used to back up what he’s learning about God.

The grandpa is attentive to his grandson’s observations the following week, affirming him, and going on to reveal more about God and prayer–His desire for a personal relationship.

Grandparents, take note. Though your children are gone and have families of their own, God can and will use you in the lives of your grandchildren if you allow yourself to be available. Something He delights in doing.

Take heart if you don’t have children or grandchildren, God can use you in the lives of neighborhood kids or anywhere He knows you are open to invest in our future generation.

This book was provided to me by Audra of The B & B Media Group, Inc., for my honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That's Where God Is.