Sally's Reviews > Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral

Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish

Aug 30, 10

Read in August, 2010

Rarely do I review a book but this one ticked me off so much I can hardly stand it!!!
I gave the book one star because I think the premise was great. The execution left much to be desired.
Here are a few of the troubling highlights.
Just because five women are grieving does not mean they all burst into tears simultaneously throughout their travels.
If five women are drinking together and someone buys them a round of drinks, (on two separate occasions) surely one of them is going to be curious enough and (hopefully) polite enough to discover who the person is and go over to thank them.
A charming, loving, gorgeous man fathers a close friend’s children and then takes absolutely no active role in their lives. He may be gay but he is supposed to be human.
Champagne might go right to their heads and perhaps they are ditzy enough that “they could care less.”
The women fly to Duluth from New York following ‘the frozen tundra across top of Minnesota..” Look at a map. One does not fly over Northern Minnesota to reach Duluth, (from Minneapolis or New York) nor is there frozen tundra anywhere in Minnesota at any time of year. (Thirty pages later they are all swimming naked in Lake Superior.)
It was too much to discover the lowly bartender was actually a two time published author and a therapist.
I’m thrilled it worked our perfectly for everyone but life just isn’t so perfect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral.