Kurt's Reviews > Miracles

Miracles by C.S. Lewis

Oct 18, 2010

bookshelves: 20-nonfiction-in-2010
Read from September 23 to October 18, 2010

This is a clear 5-star book. I was flat-out stunned by how wrong my prior expectations were for this book. I imagined this to be a less formal discussion on what miracles meant to Christians and maybe why God uses them, etc.

This is a philosophy book. It is the most intellectually challenging CS Lewis book I've read and it is totally worth it. This book uses logic and clear language to present a case for Divinity in general and the existence of the Supernatural. It then describes how miracles are central to the Christian life, anchoring the core of Christianity on the Resurrection.

This book addresses arguments I heretofore believed were very modern, proving that there truly isn't much new under the sun. He digs deep to address exactly what Naturalism is, and why it is so pervasive in our culture, and how reason must be engaged by our minds in a conscious way to overcome it.

If you have ever felt like you needed to have a more lucid, intellectual grasp of the philosophy involved in discussing the existence of God, this is the perfect book for you.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miracles.

09/23/2010 page 20