Liliana ♥s Mythology's Reviews > Wake

4199142
Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: supernatural-abilities, young-adult, paranormal-supernatural
Read from December 02 to 03, 2010

Review also found here: http://lili-lost-in-a-book.blogspot.c...

Overall I thought this was a very good book. However, the style of writing, I thought, was a little weird.

I really liked the idea of Janie being able to get sucked into other people's dreams. Its very cool and unique. I haven't read anything like it, which is why I really liked this book. Plus, it was a super easy read! If it wasnt for the homework I had to do, I probably would've sat down one day, read it and finished it that same day :P
AND I absolutely loved Cabel! I mean, he's a spy (kinda) in some way... thats pretty cool! Not to mention how much he cares for and love's Janie. Its very sweet actually :)

However, we still dont really know about Janie's gift, why she has it, or how she aquired it. But I'm hoping that will be answered in the next two books. And I really want to see Cabel and Janie's relationship progress.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake.

Quotes Liliana ♥s Mythology Liked

Lisa McMann
“That was the goth stage, where I decided I'd never get the girl of my dreams because of my scars. Not to mention my hairstyle. (pause) But then she slammed a door handle into my gut. And when a girl does that to a boy, it means she likes him.”

“Cabel: Um, Janie?
Janie: Yesss, Cabel?
Cabel: I have another lie to confess.
Janie: Oh, dear. What is it?
Cabel: I do, actually, know what my GPA is.
Janie: And?
Cabel: And. I have a full-ride scholarship.
Cabel is pushed violently from the beanbag chair. And pounced upon. And told, repeatedly, what a bastard he is.
Janie is told that she will most certainly get a scholarship too, with her grades. Unless she plays hooky with drug dealers.”

Lisa McMann
“Carrie doesn't seem to talk about anything with sharp edges. Maybe she's afraid they might poke her and then she'd burst.”

Lisa McMann
“Come on, Cabel," Carrie says. "Let me give you a ride, at least. Unless you want Shay to- hey, here she comes now." Carrie titters, her eyes dancing.
Cabel's eyes grow wide. He slips into the backseat of Carrie's car without a word. "Get me outta here. Fuckin' creepy cheerleaders.”

Lisa McMann
“Captain looks at Janie closely. "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph," she says. "You're gonna have a heck of a shiner by the time the day's over. Did you black our?"
"I...uh..." Janie shrugs. "I really have no idea."
"Yes, I think she did." Cabel cuts in. "I'm going to need to watch her all day. And probably all night, too," he adds. Very, very seriously.
The captain throws a rubber eraser at him and sends him out for coffee.”

Lisa McMann
“If you don't want me to see, I guess, don't sleep in the same room as me."
He looks at her with a sly smile. "But I'm known for sleeping in school. It's my shtick.”

Lisa McMann
“Janie: Did you ever sell drugs?
Cabel: Yes. Pot. Ninth and tenth grade. I was, uh...rather troubled back then.
Janie: Why did you stop?
Cabel: Got busted, and Captain made me a better deal. Janie: So you've been a narc since then? Cabel: I cringe at your terminology.”

Lisa McMann
“Once you read something, you can't erase it from your brain.”

12/02/2010 page 46
22.0% "Miss Stubin never has visitors.
And she's blind.
That just might be why she's Janie's favorite."