Jessie's Reviews > The Indwelling

2095548
Sep 13, 10

bookshelves: supernatural
Read from September 11 to 13, 2010

This book didn't really pick up until the final chapter (which seems to be the pattern with this series, and I suppose I should get used to it). I found myself racing through it so I could get to the end. At this point in the series, I really just want to stop. The authors have an incredible amount of filler in these novels, and they seem to push their own religious views onto the reader through the characters. These novels could've easily been compressed into 3-4 books, but I guess that wouldn't have made them as much money, huh?

Despite that, there are a number of things I like. The author's writing style would be foremost (even if there is a lot of filler). I also like how the authors developed the characters, and I found them very likable in most circumstances. I also like how they provide the final chapter of the previous novel as a prologue in the next, allowing readers to refresh their memories about what happened. Those that are reading the series straight through can easily skip the prologue without missing anything and can pick up right where they left off.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indwelling.

09/12/2010 page 230
55.0% "My opinion is the same here as it was for several of the previous novels: it's dragging its feet! Just get to the point already and be done with it!"